The New Abu Dhabi International Environmental Film Festival 201312 January 2013
OPPORTUNITY: FILM FESTIVAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FEB 20th 2013
Under the auspices of Sheikh Ahmed Bin Hamdan Al Nehayan of Abu Dhabi, a new film festival has been launched in Abu Dhabi that focuses on environmental issues. With the chance to win fabulous prizes and get your name out there not only as a filmmaker but as an activist in the Enviromental sector. The festival is also the first of it’s kind in the region and therefore leaves plenty of room for deals, advertising opportunities and the like.
The official website of the new Abu Dhabi International Environmental Film Festival 2013 receives submission by the 20th of February and twitter and facebook pages should offer plenty more information.
Here are some of the rules and regulations:
1. Abu Dhabi International Environmental Film Festival (AIEFF) is organized every year in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, by the Media Production Corporation (Media Lab).
2. The 1st AIEFF will take place from 20-25 April 2013.
3. The aim of the festival is to promote the public understanding of preserving the environment and making the earth a better place to live.
4. The Festival’s sections are:
- International Competition for feature films
- International Competition for short films
- Special Presentations out of Competition
- A Forum
5. The international jury of the two competition is composed of a president and four members.
6. The jury should give the follow prizes:
- The Golden Gazelle for best Feature film (Plus 40.000 $)
- Special jury prize for Feature film (Plus 30.000 $)
- The Golden Gazelle best short film (Plus 20.000 $)
- Special jury prize for short film (Plus 10.000 $)
7. The amount of money of each prize shared equally between the director and the production company.
8. The Juries can not add any prize nor divide any prize.
9. Conditions for Participation:
- The films must be produced 2012, or 2011.
- The films must be in their original formats with Arabic or English subtitles.
- The participant must send a preview copy, a complete Entry Form, synopsis, stills, the director’s photo, CV, filmography and 3 minutes for promotional purposes.
- The last date for participation is two months before the opening of the festival (20 February 2013) .
- In case the film is selected, the copy must arrive one month before the opening of the festival (20 March 2013).
- The cost of dispatching to the festival is to be paid by the sender.
- The festival will pay the cost of returning the screening copy to the same address of the sender not later than 15 days after the festival.
- The festival will insure the films for the duration that they are in the possession of the organizers.
- The festival has the right to 2 screenings of each selected film, one of them with tickets.
- Any participant can not withdraw his film for any reason.
10. Any disagreement regarding any of these regulations is subjected to the state of United Arab Emirates.